Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Weekly TV Recap

I’ve still loving Once Upon a Time and 666 Park Avenue. I hope though the plan isn’t to keep Emma and Snow in the Enchanted Forest for the entire season. I think this would be a great November Sweeps arc but then it should end after that. I am very pleased with this show. I wasn’t sure where it was going to go after magic came back to Storybrooke at the end of the Season 1 finale but it is almost as if the show has been reborn.

I tuned into Nashville’s premiere last week and I like what I saw. Ever since Friday Night Lights and American Horror Story, I’ve become a huge Connie Britton fan. I was unsure about Nashville at first. I’m not a huge country music fan but I not only enjoyed the music but the acting and the plot as well. It’s not just about music y’all. It’s political too … and it has Powers Booth chewing up the scenery as Connie’s protective, manipulative and highly unlikeable dad!

Tonight though something’s going to have to be DVRed. Nashville is going up against American Horror Story – Asylum. Season Two has a who new locale, era and cast, even though several regulars have returned. Speaking of scenery chewers, Jessica Lange is back, only this time she’s the head nun at a home for the criminally insane. Evan Peters is back – still creepy as ever – this time as an inmate in the asylum. Zachary Quinto is back as a psychologist and new faces James Cromwell, Joseph Fiennes and Adam Levin (yes, Maroon 5’s front man and featured judge on The Voice).

Hell, I might just DVR both of them because both shows are worth rewatching!

No comments: