Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What I've Really Been Watching

I started the summer with the best of intentions, really I did. I laid out for you, faithful blog reader, what my summer television watching would entail ... but it hasn't quite worked out that way. So what have I been watching? In two words: Breaking Bad.

It's a show I've always wanted to watch and to prepare for the fifth season (which starts on July 15), every night AMC has been playing between one and four episodes, from the pilot through the Season Four finale. I'm done and I'm finally coming up for air!

He was the sweet, lovable, roller-skating
dad on Malcolm in the Middle.
Now he's the meth-cooking, bad-ass,
killing machine on Breaking Bad.














Breaking Bad is so intense it's ridiculous. I think it's a testament to the show that I could literally watch show after show and not get bored. Not only did I never get bored, I always looked forward to my next Break Bad mini-marathon. It's hard to believe that Bryan Cranston, once the goofy, adorable, disco-skating dad on Malcolm in the Middle is now a meth-making, bomb-carrying killer on Breaking Bad. Absolutely fascinating!

Other than BB, the love affair with Gordon Ramsey continues and I have watched Hell's Kitchen and MasterChef. I'm also looking forward to Hotel Hell. What can I say, I just love his shows!

I am not loving The Glee Project. I watched the first two episodes and it's safe to say, I'm over it. I didn't connect with any of the kids and I quickly tired of it. So far, I haven't been able to get into So You Think You Can Dance. Now that the final 20 have been selected, I'll give it another shot.

What probably won't get another shot is Dallas. I watched the two hour opining and it was okay, I just didn't see myself watching it again. Ever.

Frankly, in my Breaking Bad Haze, I've completely forgotten about Rizzoli & Isles and Franklin and Bash. Oops! My bad! I might try to catch up with those two.

In the meantime, I'll be counting down the days to the Season Five premiere of Breaking Bad on Sunday, July 15th!

No comments: