Monday, November 1, 2010

Zach G Smokes a Jay

Okay, let me start by saying this, I am one of the few members of Generation X who has never been high. Sure I've been drunk (hey, I did graduate from a notorious party school) but I've never been high. I never wanted anything up my nose. I, for damn sure, would never stick myself with a needle. Basically, I never understood the logic of buying an illicit drug from some guy I wouldn't trust to valet park my car.
Smoking, of any sort, has always seemed nasty to me, especially smoking some wet joint that a whole bunch of people have already slobbered on. Eeeewww. I think I'll pass. Besides stoners just lay around laughing about nothing and eating a bunch of junk food ... it just never seemed appealing to me.

So the whole "Let's legalize it!" mantra escapes me. Why is it so important to be able to get high? What's so great about it.

Well, a lot of people obviously diagree with me, including star of The Hangover and Due Date (out this Friday), Zach Galifianakis. In an appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher, while discussing Proposition 19, a California proposal to legalize marijuana, he appeared to light up a doobie and smoked it on-air. Some are now saying that it might not have been the real deal.

Despite high-profile proponents like Galifianakis, Proposition 19 is expected to be defeated in tomorrow's election.

Check it out for yourself.

No comments: