Monday, January 17, 2011

What to Watch

It’s January. In other words, the first half of the 2010 – 2011 television season is over. What do we have to show for it? The nuttiness of Raising Hope, the critical acclaim of Boardwalk Empire, Blue Bloods and inexplicably Sh*t My Dad Says. Gone are Lonestar (I’m still mad about that), Outlaw, The Whole Truth and the unfunny Running Wilde was finally run off the schedule. (Click here for a list of shows debuting in Janary).

Surprisingly, there isn’t a lot of new shows I’m looking forward to. Really there is only one!

Harry’s Law: Kathy Bates comes to TV in a legal dramedy from the king of legal dramedies, David E. Kelley (L.A. Law, The Practice, Ally McBeal, Boston Legal). This one premieres tonight. Expect my review tomorrow. I’m looking forward to it. Monday’s, 10:00 PM (NBC)

American Idol: I’m curious about a post-Simon Idol. Besides I never watched it for the judges, I’ve always watched it for the talent and the competition.

What I’m Passing On
Off the Map: Medicine in the jungles of a South American jungle. This one is brought to us by Shonda Rhimes who has given us hot docs on Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice. I apologize, I should have reviewed this but I didn’t. Here’s the micro review: Didn’t like it. Take that Twitter. I review in just 14 characters! Wednesdays, 10:00 PM (ABC)

The Cape: This started last week and I’ll be honest I didn’t watch it. The Cape? Seriously? I’d be more interested if it was The Louboutins? Think about it, would you rather see a crime fighter in fabulous heels or a dude in a cape?

No comments: