Monday, January 10, 2011

You've Been Warned!

Two kinds of movies are released in January. The good ones came out in limited release in December, in time for awards consideration and the rest, well, … they suck. On the slate for January: The Dilemma or Season of the Witch or The Green Hornet, but trust me, after reviewing movies for half a decade, January is where bad movies go to die.
On the bright side, I get to write some scathing reviews, which is always fun. But for you, my budget-conscience movie-goer, this is a great month to see what you missed at the $2.00 movie (if you are fortunate enough to have one. Otherwise, Red Box it, Netflix it or, if you’re old school, pick something up at Blockbuster.

If you absolutely must see a January release do it at an early matinee. You can thank me for it later. ;)

Having read my warning … are there any movies you want to take a risk on coming out this month?

No comments: