Monday, June 27, 2011

The Voice: The Final Four

Tasty.
There weren’t many surprises in the finalist for The Voice. It came down to high schooler Casey Weston and veteran performer Javier Colon (a front runner from the beginning. It was no surprise when Javier became the finalist for Team Adam.

Over on Team Blake, it was the Battle of the Shy Girls: Xenia and singer/songwriter Dia Frampton. Dia, a favorite since her rendition of Heartless, pulled out the victory.

Team Christina featured the Battle of the Bald Women: Frenchie Davis vs.Beverly McClellan. I truly expected Frenchie to make the Final Four. To hear that Beverly made it was a surprise.

Finally, we had the Rainbow Battle over on Team Cee-lo between Vicci Martinez and big burly Nakia. Again, my expectations were dashed. I expected Nakia to walk away with the win but, surprise, America picked Vicci (and by a pretty large margin at that).

Out of that final four, if I had to pick a winner, I’d pick Javier with only Dia being able to pull off an upset.

Of course, for me, the real winner was the premier of the new Maroon Five song, Moves like Jagger.

No comments: