Monday, September 5, 2011

Holly Robinson Peete - You're Fired

This is Holly Robinson Peete.
I have to admit, I've never watched even five minutes of The Talk; it reminds me too much of The View. And, if I were ever convicted of some minor infraction, I'd choose 100 hours of community service at a drunk tank on the weekends over being forced to watch a full episode of that tripe.

Having said that, those of you who watch The Talk have probably already talked about Leah "former Queen of the King of Queens and avid Scientologist" Remini's decision not to return for Season 2. Now, CBS announces that Holly Robinson Peete won't be back either.

On her blog, the former Celebrity Apprentice winner said, "After weeks in limbo, I was finally ‘officially’ given word from CBS today that I have not been picked up for the 2nd season of The Talk... While I am relieved to have this closure, it doesn’t diminish my disappointment one bit about not continuing with a show I worked very hard to launch and love dearly. But I’ve been around long enough to know that while you cannot control certain situations you CAN control how you respond to them."

Very classy response. Joining Sharon "I've made a good living off of reality TV and my marriage to an aging doddering rock god" Osbourne and Sarah "former surly daughter on Roseanne who's now known for being out and proud" Gilbert at The Talk table will be guest hosts Kris "I'm responsible for bringing all of the Kardashian girls into the world and foisting them on an unsuspecting public" Jenner, Molly "I'm a funny girl but havent' hit pay dirt since I left SNL" Shannon and comic Sheryl "I look like Wesley Snipes did in drag in To Wong Foo" Underwood. As if I didn't have enough reasons not to watch this show, the presence of Jenner and Underwood add two very big new reasons!
This is Wesley Snipes in drag ...
not Sheryl Underwood.

This is Sheryl Underwood ...
not Wesley Snipes in drag.



No comments: