Friday, July 30, 2010

Shut The Front Door!

I went to bed last night and woke up to a shake up at American Idol. Ellen quit and Kara was fired. I wasn’t expecting that … at least not so quickly.

I can’t say I’m surprised that Ellen is gone. While I love her as a talk show host, she just didn’t make a good judge. I appreciated her humor but her ‘judging’ and her criticisms were never pointed enough. She was just ‘too nice.’

As far as Kara goes, fans never warmed to her but I thought she was okay. As a judge she brought some good constructive commentary to the contestants. Sure she was a bit of a cougar and she hung on Simon way too much but I just couldn’t hate her … especially when Randy is still there providing overall useless commentary.

Can I just say that I hope that put that dawg out to pasture too. He’s made his money. He’s gotten is taste of fame. He has another reality show. I wouldn’t be sad if they tossed him too.

Come to think of it, I would be positively elated if they got rid of Ryan Seacrest. He’s a terrible host. His tiffs with Simon throughout this past season were unnecessary. His interview skills and instincts are terrible. When Didi Benami teared up at the end of one performance, he continued to grill her about what made her cry (thinking of her best friend’s death). She didn’t want to talk about it and said so; but instead of respecting her wishes, he continued to badger her. Can someone say ‘awkward.’ I need him gone.

He’s all over the place with radio shows and guest spots here and there, he doesn’t need Idol and Idol definitely doesn’t need him.

Speaking of what else Idol doesn't ned ... It isn’t official as of this writing, but it looks as if Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler are probably going to be the next judges. Judging by the humongous flop that was her last album, Lopez could probably use this gig. However, that doesn’t mean I want to see her. She’s a DIVA. Yes, a diva in all caps!


Tyler seems kind of random to me. He’s definitely got the music experience but really, an Idol judge? Really?

No comments: