Monday, August 22, 2011

Guess Who's Back??? It's Me!

I’m back! And, I’m definitely looking forward to the Fall Season. My birthday is September 21 and it falls smack dab in the middle of Premiere Week. In fact, The X Factor premieres on my birthday. So as I get back into the swing of things, let me share some of my thoughts on what I’ve been watching over the summer.


Favorite Networks
As fans of this blog (both of you) know, I’m a FOX girl. I watch a lot of FOX, some NBC, a little ABC and no CBS. I’ve given some thought about why CBS isn’t on my radar and I can’t figure it out. Suffice to say if you are looking for NCIS, or CSI or The Good Wife, you’ll want to look elsewhere.


Lately, my new obsession – and it is an obsession is ID TV – Identification Discovery. It is what CourtTV used to be before it morphed into the unwatchable TruTV. It’s all crime all of the time. Seriously, I have spent almost entire days watching episodes of Wicked Attraction, Deadly Women, The Nightmare Next Door and most recently Unusual Suspects. I cannot explain my fascination with true crime … suffice to say that I share a birthday with Stephen King.


The Glee Project
I watched this show religiously every week. In fact, my last few blogs before my hiatus were about The Glee Project which ended last night. I was ultimately happy. The last four standing were Lindsay (I started off liking her but she turned out to be a major b***h); Alex (who I abhorred from Day One and my animosity toward him grew with each passing week); Samuel (white boys with dreds are kinda creepy but outside of that he was okay); and, Damian (my favorite, the cutie with the Irish brogue).


Last week, all four moved into the finals and I spent a solid week and one hour dreading that Alex would win and my favorite show would be tainted with that shrill non-acting drag/drama queen for seven excruciating episodes.


Thankfully, I’m only stuck with him for two! Samuel and Damian were the last two standing and Sam ended up winning (and I didn’t mind that). Yet, before I could even fully formulate my disappointment, Ryan announced that Damian would also receive a 7-episode arc on the show. I was so happy!


Yet, Lindsay and Alex weren’t total losers (even though I would not have had a problem with that). Both will receive two-episode arcs. The only lingering disappointment I had was that Cameron had bowed out. I think he could have won it all. Both he and Damian with 7-episode arcs would have been amazing!


Rise of the Planet of the Apes
A lot of people have issues with evil clowns or just clowns, in genearal. I’m not Coulrophobic (that’s fear of clowns … don’t say you never learned anything from reading this blog!) – However, I do have a fear of evil
monkeys. Now, don't get me wrong, I love monkeys. In fact, according to Chinese astrology, I am a monkey (it sounds vaguely racist for a black girl to be a monkey. Anyway…). So monkeys, good. Evil monkeys, bad.


A co-worker asked if I’d be seeing Rise of Planet of the Apes and I explained that I would not be seeing it on the count that the monkey in the commercial looked evil. Then my dad came for a visit and surprise! He wanted to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes.


I was surprised at how good the movie was. It was a thoroughly unexpected surprise.


First off, the monkey, Caesar, wasn’t evil. He was just mad, sad and upset and for good reason. Once I knew he wasn’t evil, I was fine. Yet, the movie was just overall really good. I loved the way they explained the rise of the apes as well as the demise of the humans.


The actor that played Caesar was incredible. Apparently, they did some CGI effects to get his expressions to register on Caesar’s face and it was incredible. The nuances and subtleties that came across were amazing.


This proves that once again, Father really does know best!

No comments: