Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Viv Gets Real about Reality Show Offer

As Vivica Fox prepares to walk down the aisle with club promoter Slimm, she told reporters at Comic Con in San Diego that she was approached about doing a reality show about her new marriage and she politely declined.

She explained, “I try not to live my life in a fishbowl. I have to turn off. If I’m on all of the time, how will my husband ever get to know me as his future wife? I have learned to turn off and to be able to hang out with my family and my friends and not be so on.”

Makes sense to me. It's hard enough keeping a celebrity marriage together and the track record of couples who do reality shows isn't that great either. Yes, I'm talking to you Britney Spears and Kevin Federline, Jon and Kate Gosselin, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, just about all of The Bachelors, and the list goes on.

***********************************
Because I honestly didn't feel this bit of news deserved its own post, I decided to tack it on here. Just as Viv decides not to do a reality show, VH-1 announces a 10-episode show on rapper T.I. after his release from prison after a year on a parole violation. The show will follow him as he readjusts to life on the outside, with his family (wife Tiny from Escape and his kids) and as he goes back into the studio. Just another reason why I rarely watch VH-1

No comments: