Monday, January 9, 2012

Baby Blue!

Bey and Jay are all smiles
now that Baby Blue has
arrived!
Poison Ivy itches and causes a rash. But Blue Ivy? Blue Ivy is all good. That’s the name of the daughter of Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z. Blue Ivy Carter was born on Saturday. She’s named after her dad’s album, The Blueprint, and mom’s favorite number: 4 (which in Roman numerals is IV – or Ivy). The power couple had an entire floor at Lennox Hill Hospital on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Reports say reserving the floor cost around $1.3 million.

Jay-Z, the proud poppa was so excited that, of course, he had to rap about it. Here are some of the lyrics from his song, Glory.

The most amazing feeling I feel
Words can't describe the feeling, for real
Maybe I paint the sky blue
My greatest creation was you: Glory

False alarms and false starts
All made better by the sound of your heart
All the pain of the last time
I prayed so hard it was the last time
Your mama said that you danced for her
Did you wiggle your hands for her?
Glory! Glory! Glory! Sorry..
Everything that I prayed for
God's gift, I wish I would've prayed more
God makes no mistakes, I made a few
Rough sledding here and there, but I made it through
I wreak havoc on the world, get ready for part 2
A younger, smarter faster me
So a pinch of Hov, a whole glass of Bé
He goes on to discuss an apparent miscarriage that they’d suffered earlier, “Last time the miscarriage was so tragic/ We was afraid you disappeared/ But nah, baby you magic.”

Beyonce delivered by C-Section, so I imagine she’ll be out for a minute recovering. But,… I’m sure soon after, she’ll be right back in the mix, with Blue Ivy in tow!

No comments: