Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Say it Ain't So!

Who should play Liz? Megan? Maybe
Lindsey? Hell no!
Sometimes I think I was born a little bit too late. One of my all-time favorite singers is Ella Fitzgerald. I love her so much that had I had a daughter, I was planning on naming her Ella (Ella Elizabeth but I digress). One of my all-time favorite actresses is Elizabeth Taylor. My favorite movies include Butterfield 8, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Suddenly Last Summer and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf. So I write this with a mix of horror and confusion (a lot of horror and a dash of confusion). Lifetime is planning a movie based on Liz and her epic romance with her Richard Burton. The couple married twice and before his death Burton confessed that Liz was the love of his life.

Up for the role of the iconic Liz Taylor are Megan Fox and … Lindsay Lohan. I have yet to see Megan Fox actually act. She’s good at looking pouty and sexy, but acting? In her favor, is the dark hair and stunning blue eyes (even though Liz’s were violet).  But Lohan? Seriously. She’s not beautiful. She’s not a great actress (and it would take a great actress to pull off a role she clearly isn’t cut out for). She’s probably not even sober. Megan I could live with. Lohan would probably send Liz rolling in her grave.

No comments: