Thursday, January 12, 2012

What's At the Movies This Weekend

I know it's supposed to be
romantic but this pairing
always struck me as weird
and a little kinky.
Beauty and the Beast 3-D: This isn't a new film. It's the same beloved Disney classic that was released back in 1991, only this time its in 3-D. If you've got young kids, this is a great way to introduce them to a classic.

Contraband: It isn't a good sign when a movie is released with almost no publicity. I watch a lot of TV and I can't even say that I've seen one commercial for this one. Mark Wahlberg plays an ex-con who is drawn back into the world of crime for one last big score. See it at your own risk.

Joyful Noise: Now, I've seen a ton of promotion for this Queen Latifah/Dolly Parton church choir competition and love story. It looks cute. I think however the only reason to really see this film is for the music.

The Iron Lady: This opened in limited release last month (just in time for awards season) and opens wide tomorrow. Meryl Streep is British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. The buzz on this is that Streep could earn another golden statue for this one.

No comments: