Friday, March 18, 2011

Glee .. Enough Scoop to Hold You Until April

Now that Kurt and Blaine are officially Klaine, what’s next for the couple? Prom. Yes, Kurt and Blaine are going to have what show creator Ryan Murphy calls a ‘ripped from the headlines’ story about opposition to the boys attending the big dance together.

Murphy rhetorically asked TVLine, “Can you imagine two boys wanting to go to the prom in Ohio?” Well, seeing as I was born and raised in Ohio, I can say, “Yes, I can imagine it. In fact, it can and does happen with stunning regularity. When have you heard about opposition to gays attending a prom in Ohio? Umm, never.” Okay, I’m getting off of my Ohio soapbox now, but before I do, let me just add “Go Browns and LeBron, go to hell.” Okay, now I’m done.

Also, Kurt’s days at Dalton Academy seem to be numbered as he will return to McKinley High and there is a good chance that Blaine will be coming with him.

In other Glee news, Mercedes will be getting a love interest (so I guess my mission is accomplished). In case you didn’t know, Oxygen will be airing The Glee Project, a reality show in which the winner will win a role on the show. Murphy says Mercedes love interest might come from that show (I am still rooting for some love from a Dalton Academy Warbler).

As for the rest of Season 2, expect to see ….
  • Santana coming to terms with her sexuality.
  • Kristin Chenowith as April Rhodes will return to McKinley after her all-white version of The Wiz fizzles. She’ll sing an original song called “It’s 10 AM and I’m Drunk.”
  • Murphy is apparently besties with Gwyneth Paltrow, so not only is she due back for another episode this season, but expect her back in Season 3 as well.
  • The triangle between Rachel, Finn and Quinn will intensify.
In the April 12 episode, Sue compiles her personal Axis of Evil with Will’s ex Terri (Jessalyn Gilsig), former glee club advisor Sandy Ryerson (Stephen Tobolowsky) and Vocal Adrenaline coach Dustin Goolsby (Cheyenne Jackson). Per the rest of the season, expect the return of singing phenom Charice and the reemergence of New Direction’s original nemesis, Vocal Adrenaline.

No comments: